[aur-general] Can we force the maintainer to change package name?

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:42:53 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 20 December 2013 01:11, Karol Blazewicz <karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rstudio/ is something entirely
>> different than every other 'rstudio' package
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?&K=rstudio
>> A few users suggested name change.
>
> I was fooled for a second. I thought this was just another R Studio.

I'm guilty of not reading the package description too:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1361971#p1361971

>> Can we force the maintainer to change package name? Does the package
>> have to be properly disowned and reuploaded with a different name?
>
> Yeah, they have to conform to existing naming schemes. I say rename it
> to r-studio, though that doesn't really look that much more helpful.

I can e-mail the maintainer and we can wait the customary 2 weeks, but
what exactly should I tell him?
He did provide a description, so maybe uploading an r-studio package
using the PKGBUILD provided by gbc921 would be enough?