[aur-general] Request to remove/orphan the AUR package "aspell-nb"

Felix Yan felixonmars at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 21:53:27 EST 2013

On Feb 9, 2013 10:33 AM, "Third3ye" <tredje0ye at gmail.com> wrote:

> The AUR package "aspell-nb" doesn't build, is outdated and most likely
abandoned. I suggest to either remove it or orphan it so that I can replace
the PKGBUILD with an edited version that actually builds:

> pkgname=aspell-nb
> _pkgname=aspell-no
Why not just use the actual package name?

> pkgver=0.50
> pkgrel=2
> pkgdesc="Norwegian Bokmål dictionary for aspell"
> url="http://aspell.net/"
> license="GPL"
("GPL") is better :)

> depends=('aspell')
> arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
> source=(
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/nb/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}.tar.bz2
)
> md5sums=('b24b20ad02ce2a569f71f949b48823cc')
>
> build() {
>        cd $startdir/src/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}
Please do not use $startdir, use $srcdir and $pkgdir instead, and quote
them :)

>        ./configure
>        /usr/bin/make || return 1
" || return 1 " is not needed anymore.

>        /usr/bin/make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
The install part should be splitted in package()