[aur-general] TU Application

Federico Cinelli cinelli.federico at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:40:48 EST 2013

"cinelli” is what I go by in #archlinux, the Arch Linux forums, the AUR, and the
bug tracker. My full name is Federico Cinelli. My sponser is Daniel Wallace (gtmanfred)

I have been an active member of the Arch Linux community for slightly under a year
and have been helping the community for the majority of that time. I’m a Computer
Science major and also an Automotive Science major. So the willingness to
understand and see how things operate, has always been a passion of mine.

I have been using Linux since 1999 and I have cycled through Red Hat, Debian, Crunchbang,
FreeBSD, Mint, Ubuntu, and Fedora, until finally finding a place to call home,
Arch Linux. My reason for moving through so many distributions was that nothing was
“up-stream” enough for me. I alway ran the latest “unstable” repo’s with a constant
need to be ahead of the game.

Building off of a background in C/C++ I began getting really into Bash. Bringing me to
putting together my first PKGBUILD (pygments-hg). It was a messy process but, I kept
working on them and sure enough began to understand how the Arch Linux Build System and
makepkg put things in order. I've read through all the man pages and wiki articles that
I could find and from there I began adopting ten packages at a time from the AUR and
just cleaning them and putting their "ducks in a row" according to the packing standards.
I now maintain forty-two PKGBUILDs in the AUR with a total of 525 votes. I am more
than comfortable building them myself and also helping others build them as well. I
use devtools for my builds and I have read and understood the packaging standards and
TU guidelines. I am always open to any creative criticism / abuse that is handed out by
the current Trusted Users. And I appreciate it.

For the past six months I've been working on getting more in-tune with the forums.
I've recently started answering posts on the forums and working with people that
request PKGBUILDs. My latest addition to the AUR evansi0n (used for jailbreaking iOS 6.x)
was the last request I've answered from the forum. I also spend a majority of my time
on the IRC channel helping with live support. I have also added as much as I felt fit
to the wiki when I have the extra time. I feel like thestinger and company do a great
job on maintaining it and whenever someone mentions something that is needed I try to
lend a hand or at least give my input on the direction it's going.

I've also began developing my own application which is an Automotive Diagnostic Tool which
uses OBD2 through USB to help bring bring the automotive industry into Linux. I'm
extremely interested in helping work on anything related to WINE and porting applications
over to Arch. I feel this will allow people to feel much more comfortable using Arch as their
only OS and get them away from the Dual Booting scenarios. It's not that I see dual booting
as a hassle, but, I strongly feel that anything that can be accomplished on a Mac / Windows
based system should be able to be done in on a Linux platform.

Arch Linux and its community fascinates me and doing what I can to help the community grow
and prosper is very important to me. That is why I'd like to be a Trusted User.

--
You can find a list of PKGBUILDs that I maintain here:
    - cinelli (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=Cinelli)

Packages that I would like to start maintaining immediatly [community] are:
    - gmerlin (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/gmerlin/)
    - ifuse (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/ifuse/)
    - libquicktime (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/libquicktime/)

Also, I would be interested in taking the following from the AUR into [community]:
    - texmaker (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/texmaker/)
    - screenfetch (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/screenfetch/)
    - zukitwo-themes (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zukitwo-themes/)
    - velox (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/velox/)