[aur-general] TU Application

Federico Cinelli cinelli.federico at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:39:02 EST 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:52:07 +0100
Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> On 14.02.2013 06:40, Federico Cinelli wrote:
> > For the past six months I've been working on getting more in-tune with the forums.
> > I've recently started answering posts on the forums and working with people that
> > request PKGBUILDs.
>
> I found 6 bbs posts and 5 posts to the MLs all from this year. Not sure
> what to think about that.

I know I'm not very active on the forums / MLs since I'm still getting use to having to wait
for a response. I like the fast-pace style of the IRC channel that's why I do most, well just
about all of my helping there.. You can find me there at any time and you can see my activity
on Daniels logs (I think i'm in the top 10 of most talkative...) You can ask him for a link to
that if you'd like to see it since I don't keep it on hand.

> > My latest addition to the AUR evansi0n (used for jailbreaking iOS 6.x)
> > was the last request I've answered from the forum. I also spend a majority of my time
> > on the IRC channel helping with live support.
>
> Now that I like and from a quick look you were way more active over
> there. Given Daniel and you talked quite a lot I'll assume you know what
> you're doing.
>
> > I've also began developing my own application which is an Automotive Diagnostic Tool which
> > uses OBD2 through USB to help bring bring the automotive industry into Linux.
>
> Is that open source and do you have a link to source and/or documentation?

It is going to be open source and I will post my documentation to my github and supply you with
a link the second it's ready. I seem to always be changing the direction of my flow-charts but
it is almost complete.. I've been just collecting a lot of data from different cars and simulating
issues

> > You can find a list of PKGBUILDs that I maintain here:
> >     - cinelli (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=Cinelli)
>
> Quite a lot of VCS packages there, but that's strictly not a bad thing.
> Some packages still don't use package().

I haven't been able to get through all of them yet to add the package(), I've been a little busy
with work, I'm sure you understand how that goes. Also, the majority of the PKGBUILDs that I
maintaine on the AUR were orphaned && broken packages that I just cleaned and re-upped in a effort
to try to single handedly polish the AUR.. It's an forever ongoing process since there's a lot of
mess. But I'm trying to pick up packages whenever there's nothing else going on.

> > Also, I would be interested in taking the following from the AUR into [community]:
> > [..]
> >     - velox (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/velox/)
> >     - evasi0n (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/evasi0n/)
>
> Those don't have enough votes (yet)

Hopefully they will get more votes.

> evasi0n's PKGBUILD also exports LD_LIBRARY_PATH in package() without any
> comment why you'd want to do that.

I'll make sure to comment any exports and give reason to why they're being defined as such.

--
Federico Cinelli <cinelli.federico at gmail.com>
"Stay true."