[aur-general] [Merge Request]: merge gitignore-boilerplates-git and gibo-git

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Mon Feb 18 02:28:20 EST 2013

On 18 February 2013 01:39, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C.
<pablo at glatelier.org> wrote:
> I already spoke with Gianni Vialetto the actual mantainer of
> gitignore-boilerplates-git to merge his package with mine (gibo-git).
>
> The reason is mainly that the script name is "gibo", so it's way
> simpler to look for it that way and also he doesn't have time to
> continue maintaining the package.

gitignore-boilerplates makes for a more meaningful package name and is
also the name of the upstream repo [1] Debian is considering using the
same name as well [2].

What do you think about keeping gitignore-boilerplates-git and
deleting gibo-git? You can ask the current maintainer to disown
gitignore-boilerplates-git and then reply to this thread so we can
remove gibo-git.

[1] https://github.com/simonwhitaker/gitignore-boilerplates