[aur-general] deletion request

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 14:41:06 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 07:04:08PM +0100, David Adler wrote:
>> please delete chino-preset-default, it ceased to
>> exist as an installable package.
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chino-preset-default/
>>
>> thanks.
>
> can you define ceased to exist ?
>
> the website is still up, the downloads are working fine.
>
> do you mean this 'default preset' is somthing that needs to be used per
> user ? and should not globally installed ?

Sorry for not elaborating in the first place.

Yes, it does still exist, as of version 0.16 it's just not installable
anymore (configure script/makefiles are gone).
It now comes as a tarball for the user to download and to untar
to any preferred place.

I'm the author of this thingy, and I decided to drop the considerable
overhead of maintaining autotools for all those files, which doesn't
provide much benefit to the user.
To the contrary, having it installed to a not user-writable place might
distract from the fact that this example-preset exists to (and often
even needs to) be customised.

thanks.