[aur-general] deletion request

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:22:38 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Johannes Löthberg
<kyrias at archlinux.info> wrote:
> On 02/23/2013 08:41 PM, David Adler wrote:
>>
>> To the contrary, having it installed to a not user-writable place
>> might distract from the fact that this example-preset exists to
>> (and often even needs to) be customised.
>

> If it's just an example, wouldn't it make more sense to just install
> it to /usr/share for the user to copy it to where he wants it?

That's how it was handled up to now, installed to /usr/share.
I'd have to find a way to install an entire directory tree, including lots
of files and some empty dirs, without maintaining Makefile.am's and
such for every dir.
Maybe I'm missing something and there's a simple way to recursively
install a directory tree. Despite using google and reading quite a few
docs on make and autools I didn't find a simple solution. Pointers
are welcome.
Installing it to /usr/share as a packed tarball would not give any
benefit IMHO.

This is sort of an upstream issue. As things are now, I see no way to
easily have it installed. If this changes in the future, I'll upload a new
package; for now I suggest it be deleted.

cheers