[aur-general] TU apply counselor

Jonathan Steel mail at jsteel.org
Tue Feb 26 16:12:08 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 03:37:48PM +0100, Jorge Barroso wrote:
> El Lunes, 25 de febrero de 2013 20:46:46 Vitor Eiji Justus Sakaguti escribió:

> > user for

> > like to

> > what

> > > And the one additional requirement for becoming a TU not mentioned there
> > > is no top posting! :-P
> >
> > Also, you need a really good excuse to get away with using hotmail!
>
> Jaja, sorry, I have recently started to use kmail as email desktop client, and
> I got two email accounts. The hotmail one it's because of I have some old
> accounts with my hotmail account registered, and it also helps me to avoid
> span on my gmail account, which is the official one which I registered here :P
> I've read the wiki page from Rudy Matela, and I think I have all the basic
> things I should have...
> Know basic shel scripting...
> 18 packages on the aur
> Basic community involvement
> I really know google-fu (if it is what I think it is...)
> and I got a general idea on the kind of packages I would like to mantain
>
> If someone could tell me their opinion, it would be great, because I'd like to
> improve what I need to improve

Make sure you follow the packaging standards and read similar wiki pages
(anything about packaging, standards, TU/developer pages). It would help
to look at PKGBUILDs from the official repos to get an idea of the style
that is used and standardise yours.

It would help to get involved upstream, improve the wiki, help on the
forum etc. Get familiar with svn and use devtools to build your packages.

--
Jonathan Steel