[aur-general] TU apply counselor

Jorge Barroso jorge_barroso_11 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:45:29 EST 2013

El Miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2013 10:09:38 Jelle van der Waa escribió:
> On 26/02/13 22:12, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 03:37:48PM +0100, Jorge Barroso wrote:

> >> Jaja, sorry, I have recently started to use kmail as email desktop
> >> client, and I got two email accounts. The hotmail one it's because of I
> >> have some old accounts with my hotmail account registered, and it also
> >> helps me to avoid span on my gmail account, which is the official one
> >> which I registered here :P I've read the wiki page from Rudy Matela, and
> >> I think I have all the basic things I should have...
> >> Know basic shel scripting...
> >> 18 packages on the aur
> >> Basic community involvement
> >> I really know google-fu (if it is what I think it is...)
> >> and I got a general idea on the kind of packages I would like to mantain
> >>
> >> If someone could tell me their opinion, it would be great, because I'd
> >> like to improve what I need to improve
> >
> > Make sure you follow the packaging standards and read similar wiki pages
> > (anything about packaging, standards, TU/developer pages). It would help
> > to look at PKGBUILDs from the official repos to get an idea of the style
> > that is used and standardise yours.
> >
> > It would help to get involved upstream, improve the wiki, help on the
> > forum etc. Get familiar with svn and use devtools to build your packages.
>
> Fix bugs on the bugtracker, report bugs. You could for example join
> #archlinux-bugs.

Thanks you both guys, I'll try doing those extra jobs, since yesterday I'm
involved with bug tracker, I'll see the packaging standards, though I think I
follow them, who knows...? I'll be a time on it, and then I would like to have
a sponsor... would anybody do it please? :)

Thanks

PD: Of course I'm open to new conuncils