[aur-general] merge request

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 10 13:31:50 EST 2013

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 01:33:50AM +0100, Lone_Wolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last weekend i added radeonSI to my mesa-git packages, and decided this
>> was a good time to change the packagenames to more accurately reflect
>> the
>> chipsets they are intended for.
>>
>> please merge
>> mesa-r600g-git [1] into mesa-r300-r600-radeonsi-git [2]
>> &
>> lib32-mesa-r600g-git [3] into lib32-mesa-r300-r600-radeonsi-git [4] .
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-r600g-git/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-r300-r600-radeonsi-git/
>>
>> [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-mesa-r600g-git/
>> [4]
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-mesa-r300-r600-radeonsi-git/
>>

> Why does the AUR need 3 different PKGBUILDs for mesa-git?

Actually there are a lot more mesa git versions then 3, do an aur search
for mesa and check how many mention git in the description.

Apart from which drivers are built, different configure flags are used and
the structure of the packages differs a lot (some are split packages).
The biggest difference is probably the configure flags.

My mesa-git packages f.e tends to have experimental radeon settings
enabled very soon after they are enabled in mesa git master.