[aur-general] Best Practice for switching packages from svn to git

Allen Li cyberdupo56 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:14:27 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:30:02AM +0100, Christoph Vigano wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I'm in the situation that one of my packages switched their VCS from SVN
> to Git. Is it okay to conflict both the non-SVN and the SVN package at
> the same time?
>
> The package in question is nagstamon-svn, whose upstream made the change
> to Git. I want to use the following lines in the PKGBUILD:
>
> provides=('nagstamon')
> conflicts=('nagstamon' 'nagstamon-svn').
>
> Any opinions towards this?
>
> Greetings,
> Christoph

I'm not sure what exactly you're saying.  If nagstamon-svn and
nagstamon-git both conflicts=('nagstamon'),

P.S. a question I thought of just now. Does listing a package in
conflicts automatically add it to provides?  I think I've seen/written
git packages with only a conflicts, but it satisfies dependencies all
the same.