[aur-general] Disown request for qedit, rtaudio and giada (owned by speps)

speps speps at gmx.com
Fri Jan 11 16:25:11 EST 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:38:01 +0100
Rob Til Freedmen <rob.til.freedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qedit/
> Current is 2.5.3, version in AUR is 2.4.1-1, Last Updated: 2012-04-11 12:26
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtaudio/
> Current is 4.0.11 version in AUR is 4.0.10, Last updated:  2012-02-06 05:19
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/giada/
> Current is 0.5.6, version in AUR is 0.4.8-3, Last Updated: 2012-04-23 15:19
> rtaudio 4.0.11 is needed for this release
>
> These packages are flagged out-of-date and hasn't been updated for a long time.
> I've mailed speps in early December but didn't got any response.
>
> rtfreedman

Hi Rob,
here I am, for a mere coincidence :)

I'm deeply sorry for not having updated those packages (and others too) in the last month,
and for not answering you at the same time (your mail has been totally buried in my todo list).

I hoped I had the time to take care of them but I just realized
I cannot do any more that in the way I wish.

About Giada, I do not update it since a long time for a reason.
I was in contact with its main developer (I think the only one) because Giada was promising
but with some really annoying bugs and design limits (ex. it was x86_64 incompatible).
I solved some of them in a personal fork and sent some patches upstream, that were nicely applied.
Others were not considered, because the developer was not able to reproduce the issues,
probably because he was using an old version of its dependencies (fltk) and because
Linux was not his main development platform.
I suggested him to set up a better development platform for collaborative code contribution
(versioning, bug tracker), but he rejected saying he and his project was not ready to this
kind of development view.

Some of those annoying bugs were still there since the last time I checked so I had to merge
again my patches with upstream development, and now I have no more sufficient free time to do it.

So feel free to take care of all this, I don't know what's the actual status of the code
but keep in mind I'll try to be here for giving you an helping hand if you need it.

Giada, rtaudio and quedit are now fatherless, hurry up and adopt em :)

Cheers

speps