[aur-general] Disown request for qedit, rtaudio and giada

Rob Til Freedmen rob.til.freedman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:31:42 EST 2013

>I'm deeply sorry for not having updated those packages (and others too) in the last month,
>and for not answering you at the same time (your mail has been totally buried in my todo list).
You're in time ;)

>I was in contact with its main developer (I think the only one) because Giada was promising
Yeah, it was fun to play with.

>but with some really annoying bugs and design limits (ex. it was x86_64 incompatible).
I'm on i686 - on x86_64, I would need some help...

>Linux was not his main development platform.
>I suggested him to set up a better development platform for collaborative code contribution
>(versioning, bug tracker), but he rejected saying he and his project was not ready to this
>kind of development view.
Yeah, it's a one-man-show. But I'm sure he's accepting staging diffs
on his git tree.

>but keep in mind I'll try to be here for giving you an helping hand if you need it.
I appreciate your offer!

>Giada, rtaudio and quedit are now fatherless, hurry up and adopt em :)
Oops, luolimao took over (part of) my fixes for qedit, rtaudio and giada
I'm fine with it, if it's done properly...

@luolimao
You were so eager to take over... I'm sure you will read this:

Did you even check your giada/PKGBUILD?

Your source line results to this src file:
'download.php?dist=source&file=giada_0.5.6_src.tar.gz'
Intentionally?

You're still downloading giada.png from monocasual.com
Why not the source - it's still working
url="http://www.monocasual.com/giada/"
source=("${url}download.php?dist=source&file=bin/${pkgname}_${pkgver}_src.tar.gz"

Your PKGBUILD breaks with an error:

configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Obscure isn't it? Just because of a missing blank in export XXXFLAGS...
Shy on copying my fixes verbatim?

If it's not working for x86_64, remove it from arch=() and ask for help.

rtf