[aur-general] Only lower case letters?

Bartłomiej Piotrowski b at bpiotrowski.pl
Sun Jan 13 10:02:49 EST 2013

On 01/13/2013 03:52 PM, Xyne wrote:
> Kwpolska wrote:

>>> What did he do that you consider spamming?
>>
>> 88 packages are quite a lot.  (src: OP’s original split PKGBUILD)
>
> When did contributing to the AUR become "spamming"? The packages are for
> separate languages and directly correspond to upstream. I do not consider that
> spam at all. If anything, it is a commendable effort to provide those packages
> despite the AURs inability to (fully) support split packages.
>
> If TUs now threaten users who contribute too much then I think something has
> gone very wrong.

When did spamming AUR become "contributing"? It's not big deal to create
one split PKGBUILD for each language provided by one upstream team. OP
could at least comply to our warnings and tips before I threatened him.

If TU criticizes the decision taken after discussion on IRC then I think
something has gone very wrong. =)

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User