[aur-general] New PKGBUILD for consideration "ttf-apple"

archlinux at jelmail.com archlinux at jelmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:27:51 EST 2013

On 17/01/13 16:01, Daniel Wallace wrote:

> archlinux at jelmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was messing around with my fonts today and decided to get some new
>> ones. There are several packages of apple fonts on the AUR but I had
>> issues with some of the fonts not being recognised by LibreOffice (due
>> to it seemingly being unable to read ttc - truetype font collection -
>> files) so I thought I'd fix that issue and bring the various font
>> collections together into a single package for my own use, but I
>> wondered if this sort of thing would be useful to others.
>>
>> The pkgbuild is below. Let me know if I should upload this package.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> # Maintainer: John Lane <archlinux at jelmail dot com>
>> # Based on ttf-mac by Guten Ye
>> (https://github.com/GutenYe/aur/tree/master/ttf-mac)
>> #          ttf-mac-fonts by Shanto (at hotmail.com)
>> #          macfonts by Erus <erus.iluvatar at gmail.com>
>>
>> # This packages Apple font packs obtained from multiple
>> # sources.  Where the same font is in multiple packs,
>> # this package will contain the one from the last pack
>> # processed.
>>
>> pkgname=ttf-apple
>> pkgver=0
>> pkgrel=1
>> pkgdesc='A collection of Apple Mac/OS X TrueType fonts'
>> arch=('any')
>> url='http://www.apple.com/osx/'
>> license=('custom')
>> depends=('fontconfig')
>> makedepends=('subversion' 'fondu' 'fontforge')
>> conflicts=('ttf-mac-fonts' 'ttf-mac' 'macfonts')
>> provides=('ttf-mac-fonts' 'ttf-mac' 'macfonts')
>> install='install'
>>
>> source=(http://invisible-files.googlecode.com/files/ttf-mac-fonts.tar.gz
>>          http://ompldr.org/vNXFlNA)
>>
>> md5sums=('4f84a9630c3c8faf1f4ba8ea075108bc'
>>           'e185688cf54a2f2020a4bc071316b67b')
>>
>> build() {
>>
>>    # font pack from
>> https://macbuntu.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/macbuntu/Macbuntu/fonts
>>    svn co
>> https://macbuntu.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/macbuntu/Macbuntu/fonts
>> "$srcdir/macbunt
>> u"
>>
>>    # font pack from
>> http://invisible-files.googlecode.com/files/ttf-mac-fonts.tar.gz
>>    cd "$srcdir/ttf-mac-fonts"
>>    fondu -force *.dfont
>>    for ttc in *.ttc; do
>>        ttf=${ttc%.*}.ttf
>>        [[ -f $ttf ]] || FONTFORGE_LANGUAGE=ff fontforge -c 'Open($1);
>> Generate($2)' $ttc $ttf
>>    done
>> }
>>
>> package() {
>>
>>    # font pack from http://ompldr.org/vNXFlNA
>>    cd "$srcdir/macfonts"
>>    install -d $pkgdir/usr/share/fonts/{TTF,Type1}
>>    install *.ttf $pkgdir/usr/share/fonts/TTF
>>    install *.PFB $pkgdir/usr/share/fonts/Type1
>>
>>    # font pack from
>> https://macbuntu.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/macbuntu/Macbuntu/fonts
>>    cd "$srcdir/macbuntu"
> [...]
I've done that, thanks. It's interesting that it drives the version
number. That doesn't strictly relate to the package as it's a collection
of things from various places. Also curious how this would have worked
had there been two svn checkouts (luckily only one of the 3 items in the
package came from svn).

But anyway, I've updated my pkgbuild.