[aur-general] NVIDIA drivers

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:25:31 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM, SpinFlo <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i ve use yaourt, yes,
> >
> > yaourt when make and install sucessful package delete all sources.,
> > then the symlink don't work
>
> Don't use yaourt then.
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM, SpinFlo <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > sorry for the quotes after message, this is automatic by gmail :S
>
> And it's not 'automatic' by gmail, I use gmail, just click the
> 'in-line' button (3 dots).
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> > /etc/makepkg.conf -> SRCDEST
> >
> > Set that to the directory of your choice and all source files should be
> saved
> > there. Common sources will be automatically detected.
> >
> > (yeah, via symlinks... but if this is the approach that you meant, it
> wasn't
> > clear)
>
> Yes SRCDEST is better but won't help for yaourt users. I can't
> remember when/why I started making my own symlinks, perhaps to prevent
> one directory being way too full (harder to spring clean). In any
> case, my apologies, SRCDEST is obviously the better solution here.

Just tried setting an SRCDEST, and yaourt uses it. The redundant downloads
issue is then solved.

Remains the dependency problem, I thought I would build all packages
separately and install all of them: building the utils packages works, they
don't rely on anything but building the other which depends on the utils
package requires it to be installed, except the old modules package need
the old utils package and won't complete unless you force yaourt to ignore
dependencies, or purge your system from all said packages before installing
the new ones.

I believe this is very sub-optimal and this is making NVIDIA users' lives
harder, but you guys are boss. I will use the packages I made in my own
little corner and won't upload them to the AUR then (I already had at least
one user use them happily now, maybe I'll share them elsewhere).

Thank you all for your answers.

Regards,

--
Alucryd

"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into
eternal damnation. Amen."