[aur-general] Should I have python-mongokit deleted?

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:31:25 EST 2013

Hi,

Yes, there doesn't seem to be a clear policy on this. On one hand,
removing python-mongokit and just keeping python2-mongokit until
mongokit for python3 is actually available, is the cleanest solution
for AUR as a whole. On the other hand, python-mongokit was python 2
previously, so requiring it to immediately transition to the
"python2-" name is a hard requriement to fullfill. There are still
several "python-" packages in AUR that are for python2. As far as I
know, we have no set time limit for when all python2 packages should
be named "python2-" in AUR and all python 3 packages should be named
just "python-". There even seems to be some controversy if this is a
good naming scheme at all.

tl;dr Both solutions should be fine, for now.

The answer from Frederik S. Olesen is a good one.

--
Sincerely,
  Alexander Rødseth