[aur-general] Request for comments: new tdom package - replace or additional git

Limao Luo luolimao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:58:52 EST 2013

On 01/29/2013 07:42 PM, Uwe Koloska wrote:
> On 29.01.2013 01:24, Limao Luo wrote:
>> You can smoosh that package function into:
>> https://gist.github.com/4660513
>>
>> (Just remember to quote anything involving $srcdir, for the same reason
>> you quoted $pkgdir)
> Thank you -- together with the --mandir trick from Daniel this will make
> the script a lot better!
Actually, if you use --mandir (which is the better idea -- I forgot
about it completely) you don't need the install -d or mv in package()
function; i.e. it would be the same as the other posted package function
(the one in http://ix.io/4bk).

>> You can both make a -git version and update the current one; they're
>> treated independently.
>> Although, what tags are you using? I believe you mentioned above that
>> they weren't tagged...?
> Yeah, that's the culprit.  No official stable version for tcl 8.6 at the
> moment.
>
> The last tagged version is from 2008 but their are only few changes.
>
> But, what to do with the stable package?
> * use fixed revision to not get unwanted/unreviewed commits?
> * variation: fork the repo, tag the current version and then use this?
> * use last tagged version and patch the incompatibility?
> * variation: fork the repo, cherry pick only the 8.6 fix, tag and use this?
The upstream looks dead (inactive for 9 months, and no material commits
for even longer), so I would suggest that last variation (fork, cherry
pick fix, tag, release).