[aur-general] Install fails on x86_64

Martín Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 30 21:41:48 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM, set <nmset at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Fresh install fails on x86_64 with cracklib integrity verification failure
> and
> signer verification failure. Tried with 12.12 and 13.01 install images.
> Other
> signature failures occur with vim packages. pacman-key --populate and
> --update
> result in 'No need to update/refresh'. Can't report the relevant keys as I
> can't access the machine at any time. arch-chroot /mnt drops in an
> irresponsive shell. Even ls fails in this chroot. Used
> mirror.archlinux.ikoula.com .
>
> Any hints how to resolve this ?
>
> Thanks.

Just guessing: once booted up and connected to the net try running this
command:
# pacman-key --refresh-keys

After that please be sure the mirror you are using is up to date.
You may even try installing 'reflector' before going the full install to
have it select the
newest and fastest mirrors - although I'm not sure if the dependencies it
will pull does
make it worth:
# reflector -f 8 -l 20 -p http --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

By the way: next time you need support for anything else than a AUR-related
issue
please be sure to ask it in the proper place, in this case the
[arch-general] mailing list.

Regards.