[aur-general] Original vlock sources

Allen Li cyberdupo56 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 16:37:59 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 04:19:12PM -0400, Dave Reisner wrote:
> What features are missing? Why not contact the Altlinux folks who
> maintain kbd and discuss how they can be re-added?

The -n and -s options that allow vlock to be used within an X session to
lock all consoles.

This has already been discussed on the kbd mailing list.  See [1].

Alexey's stance seems to be kbd's vlock is not intended to replace the
vlock that has these features.  So it is the fault of the official repo
maintainers who deprecated community/vlock.

This has also been discussed on arch-general as well [2].  Seems like
their opinion is to request upstream.  So both arch-general and upstream
push the responsibility to the other party.

That is why I'd like a copy of the sources.  Depending on the license,
if any, I'll put a copy on Github and add a package on AUR to put an end
to this nonsense.

Allen

[1] http://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/kbd/2013-January/000388.html
[2] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2013-January/032771.html