[aur-general] /bin/false exited with status 1

Curtis Shimamoto sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:06:32 EDT 2013

On 06/01/13 at 07:44pm, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
> I am getting this error when I try to use the systemd as user. I used
> to have mpd set up as user with systemd before some updates, but
> recently I didn't test it. How could I debug that to find the issue?

First of all, I want  to ask if you are aware you have sent this to
[aur-general] and not [arch-general].  I think your question has little
to do with the AUR.

Also, there is a page in teh Arch Wiki that covers setting up user
sessions with systemd.[1]  Have you taken a look that this?  Setup is not
quite simply making services and then calling "systemd --user".

> $ systemctl --user status mpd.service
> Failed to issue method call: Process /bin/false exited with status 1

This is what happens if you don't set up the necessary things that are
described in the wiki.  But if you are using linux-ck, you should know
that even if you set things up, you will still get this because the bfs
patchset actually disables some cgroup setting in the kernel that are
necessary for user sessions to work.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User

Regards,
--