[aur-general] Icons pack naming guidelines

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:52:23 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 10:44 +0200, Edoardo Maria Elidoro wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I was wondering why a lot of icon themes in AUR have this "kind" of
> name: $name-icon-theme.
> I think it should be better if the guidelines would encourage a
> cleaner (and IMHO better) format like: icon-theme-$name, just like the
> gtk-themes in AUR.
>
> What do you think?
> Maybe the guidelines already suggest something like this, I'm just
> asking since I found A LOT of packages with that "kind" of name.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Edoardo

*-icon-theme seems to be the convention right now, but there is no
guideline about this afaik. icon-theme-* might be a good idea, but we
already have gnome-icon-theme, humanity-icon-theme and the likes in our
repos. Unless you want to go on a crusade to change all the icon theme
packages, I'd leave it at that, seems like too much wasted energy to me.

Cheers,

--
Maxime