[aur-general] Icons pack naming guidelines

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar
Sun Jun 30 21:26:34 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-29 15:07, Alex Charron wrote:
> I think that we should modify the convention so that it goes as
> icon-theme-*, gtk-theme-*, etc. so that it sorts better.

What do you mean by "sort better"? What difference is there between
"icon-theme-*" and "*-icon-theme"?
AUR has search, so it's pretty much the same, and the same applies
to pacman.

It's too much work to change every existing package right now (since
most already use *-icon-theme) and *-icon-theme sounds more natural
ie: "Just install the gnome icon theme package." sounds pretty normal.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera