[aur-general] AUR Maintenance

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:02:04 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM, Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> INSERT INTO `PackageComments` VALUES (17,46,68,'ruby bindings for
> fastcgi',1113164127,68),(28,69,65,'A countdown timer applet for the
> GNOME panel.',1113178883,0);
>
> Except that line there is 161 characters and contains two comments (one
> comment deleted by its poster about Ruby and one non-deleted comment
> about GNOME). The line in the real file is a million characters and
> contains ~20k comments. And there are 28 such lines. Reading this would
> be like reading War And Peace 10 times but it would teach you a lot
> about the history of the AUR.

That's why we use machines to do this kind of work for us. Also, a
lovely idea to restore comments that are older than two years, that'll
be extremely beneficial to the quality of the aur.
Other thoughts on this, we don't need comments on packages that don't
exist any more, that were deleted already or are made by users which
aren't in the db any more.
If I understood correctly, none of that data is currently in the aur's
comments? or all?

cheers!
mar77i