[aur-general] orphan request: mycraft

Limao Luo luolimao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 23:58:30 EST 2013

There's a package in the AUR called mycraft [1] that currently doesn't
follow AUR guidelines, specifically the guideline about not putting
stuff in the source package that can be downloaded from an outside
source. Among the files in the source package is a png file that can be
simply extracted from a jar file that is among the sources.

Originally the jar was in the source package. After I notified the
maintainer (makz) about 5 weeks ago about the jar and png, and included
instructions based on my feedthebeast [2] package on how to extract the
png, makz uploaded a new version with only the jar located externally;
however, the png is still needlessly in the source package. makz last
uploaded the PKGBUILD on Feb 13, and I emailed them a second time a
couple days later with no response.

As a result, I am requesting orphaning of mycraft [1].

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/my/mycraft/PKGBUILD
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fe/feedthebeast/PKGBUILD