[aur-general] Easy way to find out package dependencies

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Sat Mar 2 17:35:40 EST 2013

Hello,

is there an easy way to find out, which package dependencies
a package has?

Say, i want to write the PKGBUILD for a package,
and the compilation on my system (.7configure/cmake and make)
does work without problems.

Then I don't get a message about missing libraries.
So, it's easy to compile the stuff, but needs some
effort to find out the dependencies.

Possibly with ldd the linked stuff can be found out,
but the library names not necessarily are the same as
the names of the package that provide these libraries.

So, it may need some effort to find out the packages.

Is there an easy way to find out the package names?

Maybe someone already has written a script that
reverse-lookups the package names from ldd-output?

Any ideas on that?

Ciao,
   Oliver