[aur-general] User ban request --- can I get a response, please?

Limao Luo luolimao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:30:05 EST 2013

On 03/05/2013 11:21 PM, William Giokas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:10:16PM -0500, Daniel Wallace wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:05:07PM -0500, Limao Luo wrote:
>>> And he's back, with another account [2] with an address on a
>>> different website (rmqkr.net, which redirects to the disposable
>>> email site 10minutemail.com). This is a waste of my time. Can
>>> someone respond to this thread so I know that a TU even knows about
>>> this? Also, I guess it's really a bot, since the flagging is done
>>> across congruent intervals (this time it's 1 minute between flags).
>>>
>>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/9Pwrxb1/
>> We are well aware of it.
>> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2013-February/002371.html
>>
>> The problem is every time I suspend an account (after a patch that was
>> applied yesterday) now he gets logged out, the problem is it creates a
>> new account and starts tagging them out of date again.
> Captchas, man. Captchas. I know it will very very slightly inconvenience
> some people that have to flag a few packages out of date at a time, but
> really, it would only save us from crap like this.

Yeah, they mentioned that in the aur-dev conversation, among other ideas
like IP blocking (which actually sounds good, except more than one
person can have an IP, so I don't know how much that would work, unless
there is some timeout period or something for the block) and repeatedly
doubling intervals after successive flags that time out after an hour
(which, while annoying, doesn't seem like an enough of a deterrent, but
I could be wrong).

Well, not much to do except wait it out, I guess. I just can't remember
which packages I have to update now.