[aur-general] TU application from graysky

William Giokas 1007380 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:04:14 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 05:58:27PM -0400, member graysky wrote:
> Try two using gmail to send an clearsigned message to this list...

Still bad. Try using a client, like Thunderbird or Mutt. I can only
vouch for Mutt in respect to signing well.

> Hi All.  Inspired by Allan's talk @ SINFO XX, I decided to throw my
> hat into the ring and formally apply to be a TU.  My linux history
> started with RH and SUSE over a decade ago.  I discovered Debian and
> Ubuntu after not caring for either of the aforemened very much. I
> found myself wanting more control and up-to-date repos and eventually
> stumbled upon Arch.  I find it that both its underlying philosophies,
> and its community resonated with me, and I have been a happy Arch user
> ever since.
>
> I have an interest in giving back to the Arch Community though
> maintaining some packages in [community].  Listed below are a few of
> my contributions for those of you who don't recognize me from the bbs
> or from other interactions.  I reached out to Xyne who kindly agreed
> to sponsor my candidacy for TU.
>
> *Maintains an unofficial repo for >2 years now (http://repo-ck.com)
> whose main purpose is hosting linux-ck and related packages.
> *Maintains ~50 PKGBUILDs within the AUR; some legacy others of my own creation.
> *Wiki contributions, both original content, and standardizing many
> popular pages; member of Wiki Maintenance Team.
> *Contributed several open-source utils back to the community.
>  https://github.com/graysky2/modprobed_db
>  https://github.com/graysky2/profile-sync-daemon
>  https://github.com/graysky2/profile-cleaner
>  https://github.com/graysky2/backdrop-randomizer
> *Active contributor to Arch bugs.
> *Closely related to several upstream projects including: monitorix and
> the ck patchset.
> *Active member on the bbs; usually helpful ;p

And good luck! I've looked at the CK patches for the kernel, and the
only thing that's kept me from using them is the fact that I use
mainline kernels as recommended for btrfs.

Thanks,
--
William Giokas | KaiSforza
GnuPG Key: 0x73CD09CF