[aur-general] TU application from graysky

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 12 16:43:11 EDT 2013

On 12 March 2013 04:24, member graysky <graysky at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hi All.  Inspired by Allan's talk @ SINFO XX, I decided to throw my
> hat into the ring and formally apply to be a TU.  My linux history
> started with RH and SUSE over a decade ago.  I discovered Debian and
> Ubuntu.  I found myself wanting more control and up-to-date repos and
> discovered Arch.  I find it and its underlying philosophies, and its
> community to be to my liking.  I have an interest in giving back to
> the Arch Community though maintaining some packages in [community].
> Listed below are a few of my contributions for those of you who don't
> recognize me from the bbs or from other interactions.  I reached out
> to Xyne who kindly agreed to sponsor my candidacy for TU.

The username "graysky" sounds familiar to me, but it doesn't register
anything negative. At one glance, though, I can derive at least one
fact -- there have been applicants in the past much less competent. As
such, I do not see competency as an issue in this application.

If Xyne is the sponsor, then I can rest assured of the applicant's
competency. Nitpicking here is unnecessary. However, feedback
regarding attitude is important, and it should be taken into
consideration.

Experiences and interactions vary, so do opinions and interpretations,
but that is why we vote. Anyway, good luck grasky!

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1