[aur-general] TU application from graysky

Andrea Castaneda awcastaneda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 22:17:31 EDT 2013

> Dave Reisner wrote:
>
> I'm replying to the rest of this thread with full disclosure: graysky asked
> me to sponsor him first, and I've declined based on a lack of skill and what
> I feel isn't necessary the correct attitude for an Arch TU.

I don't understand the sudden scrutiny about skill level.

What about the newest TU? He was putting out these kinds of PKGBUILDs
[1] as of Feb 6, 2013. He was accepted as a TU on Feb 26, 2013, just a
few weeks after thinking that a package should start with pkgrel=0,
that it should provide and replace itself, that it should manually
extract its source for no reason, etc.

My 2 cents:
- If that's the kind of skill level that makes the cut these days,
then graysky seems to far exceed it.
- If that level of skill shouldn't have made the cut, then Arch's TU
voting process needs to be refined so that it's based more on tangible
qualifications than fleeting popularity.

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1227993#p1227993

--
AWC