[aur-general] Unexpected aur package removal.

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:25:58 EDT 2013

Hi,

A TU "gtmanfred" have just decided to remove one of my package just
one minute after he commented on the package pointed out the missing
package() in the PKGBUILD without any further explaination.

The package is python-django-git[0], which I have uploaded 2-3 days
ago[1] to replacing two old packages including one with 3 vote that I
uploaded last Nov.

I have already re-upload the package[0] since I don't think anything
is wrong with the package (especially not for the package name, I can
fix it if anything else with the package is wrong). And I just want to
know if that was a delete by mistake or a missing package() somehow is
enough reason to remove a package within ~1min after notifying the
maintainer now?

Yichao Yu

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-django-git/
[1] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2013-March/022494.html