[aur-general] Unexpected aur package removal.

Brock.Zheng goodmenzy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 01:05:06 EDT 2013

OK, OK

    I don't think the way of interaction between you two is a smart one.
May be TU's attitude is too hard, I think.

    Why not calm down and wait for some time?
    I suggest you two to discuss this topic tommorrow.

    May be you will find how silly you were 24 hours  later.....

    Right?

On 2013-03-13 00:51:02, Yichao Yu wrote:
> Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 00:51:02 -0400
> From: Yichao Yu <yyc1992 at gmail.com>
> To: Daniel Wallace <danielwallace at gtmanfred.com>, Yichao Yu
>  <yyc1992 at gmail.com>, "Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)"
>  <aur-general at archlinux.org>
> Subject: Re: [aur-general] Unexpected aur package removal.
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Daniel Wallace
> <danielwallace at gtmanfred.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:17:13AM -0400, Yichao Yu wrote:

> >> I agree, and I have already fixed it.
> >>
> >> BUT, that is NOT what I am asking!! What I am REALLY asking here is
> >> why did you simply remove the package!!
> >> You can leave a comment (which you did 1min before you go right to the
> >> incorrect last step), flag it out-of-date, send me a email, or even
> >> disown it and correct it yourself according to the AUR two-week policy
> >> if I refuse to update. Is it what you think a TU should do to remove
> >> (without waiting for the shortest reasonable response time or even
> >> attempting to improve) all non-standard/old PKGBUILD on AUR.
> >>
> >> It is fine if you have just removed it by accident (although I will
> >> probably suggest to move the remove button and the flag-out-of-date
> >> button farther away for TU if that's the case), but if you were doing
> >> that on purpose, what you did is totally non-constructive. This is
> >> definitely NOT what a TU should do. Let me remind you what a TU should
> >> do is "check PKGBUILDs for minor mistakes, suggest corrections and
> >> improvements"[1], I am not sure which of the three does "removing
> >> package right away" belong to.
> >>
> >> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#The_TU_and_.5Bunsupported.5D

> > Also note that you didn't fix it until I replied to your inquiry about
> > why it was deleted.  And instead of taking my advice to fix it, you
> > decided it was correct and just uploaded it again.
>
> No that's not true. I did uploaded it right away just because I keeped
> all the source package I am maintaining and just want to keep the
> useful and working package on AUR for anyone that may want it before
> spending another ~2-5 mins to fix and test it.
>
> If you want to know about the detail, I upload the first PKGBUILD
> which is identical to the old one right after I received the mail
> notification arround 20-30min after the deletion. Then I uploaded the
> PKGBUILD that fixed the package() issue after testing it in about
> 5min. After sending out the email, I uploaded the third PKGBUILD which
> happened to be right after your first reply to add a "provides"
> version.
>

> > --
> > Daniel Wallace
> > Archlinux Trusted User (gtmanfred)
> > Georgia Institute of Technology

--
Brock Zheng <brock.zheng at nagra.com>
郑 祎

Software Enginner
Tel(office): +86 10 5912 7723

GnuPG key ID  :  F7A4450F
GnuPg key fpr :  62DC B461 789E 84B4 8E5D  9509 5214 0A13 F7A4 450F
Key Server    :  http://pgp.mit.edu

"The information contained in this document is CONFIDENTIAL and
property of OpenTV.  Any unauthorized review,use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited without express written consent of OpenTV.
If you are not the intended recipient,please contact the sender and
destroy all copies of the original message and enclosed attachments."

NAGRAVISION SA                     OpenTV

2101, Block A                      Floor 22, Block A
Ocean International Center         Ocean International Center
No 56 Dongsihuanzhonglu            No.56 Dongsihuanzhonglu
Chaoyang District                  Chaoyang District
Beijing 100025                     Beijing 100025
People's Republic of China         People's Republic of China

Tel +86 10 5954 2000               Tel +86 10 5912 7700
Fax +86 10 5954 2067               Fax +86 10 5912 7800
http://www.nagra.com               http://www.opentv.com/