[aur-general] New package: hubflow-git

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Mar 23 08:32:44 EDT 2013

On 23 March 2013 06:34, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> On 2013-03-22 20:52 +0000 Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>>I have submitted hubflow-git package:
>>
>>https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hubflow-git/
>>
>>I'd appreciate any comments and reviews.
>>
>>This package relies on fix in added to hubflow after my bug report:
>>https://github.com/datasift/gitflow/issues/32
>>So, if anyone wants to create hubflow package for current released
>>version, (s)he may need to patch it manually.
>

> Instead of "if [ -d $... ]" use "if [[ -d $... ]]" to avoid word expansion.

Fixed.

> Quote all path variables ("$srcdir" or "${srcdir}", etc.) to avoid word
> expansion. You can include curly brackets if you like but they serve no purpose
> in your PKGBUILD.

Fixed.

> Remove the "|| return 1" statements. These are deprecated because makepkg sets
> the "-e" option ("set -e") and will therefore exit automatically if any errors
> are encountered.

Fixed.

> Instead of
>   mkdir -p ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}
>   cp ${srcdir}/${_gitname}/LICENSE ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/
>
> use
>   install -Dm644 "$srcdir/$_gitname/LICENSE" \
>     "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE"

Fixed.

> The PKGBUILD does not seem to include any binary or architecture-specific
> files, so you should change the "arch" array to "arch=('any')".

Fixed.

Xyne, thank you very much for valuable comments, I appreciate.
All corrections have been applied and the package updated.

By the way, I admit, I grabbed PKGBUILD gitflow-git and changed to fit
hubflow-git package. Apparently, there are lots of PKGBUILD files of
questionable quality. Would it be possible to have lint-like hook triggered
on every submission? Perhaps, tools like checkbashisms would help.

Best regards,