[aur-general] TU application from graysky - voting period

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:42:50 EDT 2013

Op zaterdag 23 maart 2013 17:51:42 schreef Xyne:
> Xyne wrote:
> >The discussion period for graysky's application is over.
> >It's time for the TUs to vote: https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/?id=68
>
> The voting period has ended. The finally tally was
>
> yes: 12
> no: 14
> abstain: 4
>
> Quorum has been met. I am sorry to announce that the application has
> been rejected.
>
> @graysky
> I am genuinely surprised and disappointed by these results. I think
> that you have demonstrated skills beyond several previously
> successful candidates and your contributions are valued by many in
> the community. I hope that this result will not leave a bad
> impression. You may apply again after 3 months if you choose.
>

> @TUs
> Voting "no" rather than abstaining indicates that you have reasons to
> reject the candidate. These should have been brought up during the
> discussion period. If they are valid then other TUs should be made
> aware of them and take them into account. If they are not then they
> should be addressed. In either case they should be discussed.
>
> The discussion period for this application was relatively short with
> very few participating TUs. The only real objections were raised by
> Dave (who even admitted that he may be "old and grumpy") and they
> were addressed without any further replies from Dave or anyone else.
> I simply do not understand how so many of you could vote no without
> raising issues during the discussion. Looking back through previous
> votes there is no other vote with this level of participation that
> has been split this close down the middle.
>
> There is no point in raising your objections now but I hope that you
> do so next time. Voting is not an expression of personal opinion. It
> is a means of quality control and I would say that it is your
> obligation to participate in the discussion if you have opinions one
> way or the other.

Then the only thing i can say is: I'm sorry i did not participate in the
discussion. I only had a positive idea about graysky, nothing more
nothing less.

I'm also surprised he did not make it in. I'm also sorry for that.

There is nothing else to say now: better luck next time, i will be happy
to see you (graysky) re-apply for TU. Please do.

--
Ike

ps: for all the thunderbird users out there, i know my signature will
not be valid. please use something that works like mutt, claws mail,
kmail, whatever.