[aur-general] TU application from graysky - voting period

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 18:19:28 EDT 2013

On 23 March 2013 17:51, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> @TUs
> Voting "no" rather than abstaining indicates that you have reasons to reject
> the candidate. These should have been brought up during the discussion period.
> If they are valid then other TUs should be made aware of them and take them into
> account. If they are not then they should be addressed. In either case they
> should be discussed.

What about adding some field where TU can (anonymously) express why
they chose "No"? IMO it doesn't make much sense to have such field for
"Yes" and "Abstain" though, as that would be just annoying with no
value added.

Such field could introduce valuable insight to what other TU's think
is wrong with the application. I think it can also help the newly
accepted TU's, as they can learn what can be improved (unless it's
something stupid like "I don't like your silly T-shirt"). Hopefully
more TU's who voted "No" would express their opinions there, as that
would be anonymous while the discussions on the mailing list are not.

Lukas