[aur-general] curl download in makepkg doesn't work for contradictory reasons

Uwe Koloska kolewu at koloro.de
Sun Mar 31 17:07:30 EDT 2013

Hello,

the curl download for package mma fails with the following error
  curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 406 Not Acceptable

This error can be removed by adding '--user-agent "Mozilla/4.0"' to the
DLAGENTS from /etc/makepkg.conf.

But with this additional option, the download from sourceforge fails.

How can I solve this contradiction?  Is it possible to configure package
specific download options in the PKGBUILD?

This are the successful download comands (I have left out the '-C -'):

# works only with agent
/usr/bin/curl -fL --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 \
--user-agent "Mozilla/4.0" \
-O http://www.mellowood.ca/mma/mma-bin-12.10.tar.gz

# works only without agent
/usr/bin/curl -fL --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 \
-O http://downloads.sourceforge.net/zdfmediathk/MediathekView_3.2.1.zip

Best regards
Uwe Koloska