[aur-general] Confusing over .AURINFO usage

William Giokas 1007380 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 12:45:17 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 11:29:07AM -0400, member graysky wrote:
> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Lukas Fleischer
> <archlinux at cryptocrack.de>wrote:
>
> > > Thanks, I get it.  This definitely seems like something makepkg should
> > > detect and handle automatically    Are the .AURINFO files here to stay?
> >
> > Note that .AURINFO functionality will not be added to pacman/makepkg,
> > unless the format is extended to work with split packages and all corner
> > cases that we do not care about in the AUR.
> >
> > The idea is to start with an external tool to post process source
> > packages and then extend this tool, as well as the underlying .AURINFO
> > format, until we get something that is suitable for integration with
> > makepkg.
> >

> OK.  I haven't tested this with split packages, but the attached patch
> works with a non-split one for those too lazy to manually make the modified
> src.tar.gz :p

No. .AURINFO is for the AUR, not for makepkg or pacman. There is no
reason that this should be handled by pacman right now. `makepkg -S` is
for making source tarballs, not AUR packages, that is just something
that it also works with.

If you want .AURINFO in your source tarball, then add it to the
source=() array. This was discussed three days ago on this same mailing
list.

Thanks,
--
William Giokas | KaiSforza