[aur-general] Need some help debugging a package

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Thu May 23 23:16:13 EDT 2013

Hi

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM, GSC <xgdgsc at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hadoop/
>
> some users experience failure with cp: cannot create directory
> ‘/usr/lib/hadoop-1.1.2’: Permission denied. when packaging, while the
> maintainer tested on a fresh vm and turns out fine.
>
> I tried to debug but didn' t find why.

I believe you cannot use $pkgdir outside of package() function. Move
the definitions into package()

_usr_lib=$pkgdir/usr/lib/
_hadoop_real_home=$_usr_lib/$pkgname-$pkgver
_hadoop_link_home=$_usr_lib/$pkgname

also suggestions:

- change compile() name to build()

- move "sed -i " into prepare() function.

- you don't need to call "ant clean". Cleaning will be done by "makepkg"