[aur-general] PKGBUILD for zetacoin-qt-git

Bruno Jimenez brunojimen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 12:21:36 EDT 2013

Hi,

Updated version of the PKGBUILD: http://pastebin.com/LRyYqpuZ

> Whoops, I misread the PKGBUILD. Ignore my suggestion. No, you do not need
> to add zetacoin-qt-git.install to the `source` and `sha256sums` arrays.

Ok, nothing added then.

> The `pkgver` you added is OK, but it could be better. The zetacoin git
> repository has tagged releases, and the wiki states: [1]
>
> > It is recommended to have following version format: *RELEASE.rREVISION*[...]
>
>  Here's a better command for generating a package version number:
>
> > git describe --long | sed -E 's/([^-]*-g)/r\1/;s/-/./g'
>
> That command generates the following version number:
>
> > v0.8.2.r218.g5eed859

Added the new package version number. Althought it's a bit strange to
see a package whose version starts with 'v'.

> Consider adding `cd "$srcdir"` to the beginning of the `package()` function.
>
> Please excuse my use of bastardized english. I could have worded my
> suggestion more clearly.

It was my fault, your english is good, it was just that I didn't
understand what you meant me to add. (^_^)

> The bitcoin docs discuss how to build bitcoin on unix. [2] (zetacoin is
> based on bitcoin, so the bitcoin docs should be relevant) They state:
>
> > miniupnpc may be used for UPnP port mapping. It can be downloaded from
> here. UPnP support is compiled in and turned off by default.
>
> Also, namcap complains about the zetacoin-qt-git package if miniupnpc is
> not listed as a dependency:
>
> > zetacoin-qt-git E: Dependency miniupnpc detected and not included
> (libraries ['usr/lib/libminiupnpc.so.9'] needed in files
> ['usr/bin/zetacoin-qt'])
>
> These two facts indicate that miniupnpc should be included as a dependency.
> I suggest adding a comment to the top of the PKGBUILD explaining why
> miniupnpc is included as a dependency.

Ok, readded it as a dependency and added the comment at the top.

> [1]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines#The_pkgver.28.29_function
> [2] https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Thanks for all the help!