[aur-general] PKGBUILD regression for espeakup

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 03:15:54 EST 2013

Hi,
I tried SetSec and was still getting problems. So, it got me wondering how it could still be starting  with the British English voice... After a lot of searching, changing settings, and more than a little cussing (lol), I figured out there was 2 symlinks to espeakup at .service. One was the correct en-us call, but apparently the other was from when I was using uppercase %I. The link file was something like espeakup at en\x... So, I removed that, had to do it manually cause systemctl wouldn't touch it, and now everything is great again.
Thanks for the help
Storm
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:09:24PM +0000, Xyne wrote:
>Storm Dragon wrote:
>
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: espeakup at en-us.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: Unit espeakup at en-us.service entered failed state.
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: espeakup at en-us.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: Stopping Software speech output for Speakup (default voice: en-us)...
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: Starting Software speech output for Speakup (default voice: en-us)...
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: espeakup at en-us.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: Failed to start Software speech output for Speakup (default voice: en-us).
>>Nov 01 23:18:44 dungeon-master systemd[1]: Unit espeakup at en-us.service entered failed state.
>
>You can include "RestartSec=15" in the "[Service]" section of the service file
>to work around the "request repeated too quickly" error.
>
>To correctly resolve this you will need to determine why it is exiting and
>adjust accordingly, e.g. by adding dependency and ordering entries to the
>service file (e.g. "After=..." in the "[Unit]" section).
>
>Regards,
>Xyne

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
Get paid to read email: http://is.gd/feRiB
"I dole out justice with the tip of my boot. It's got a logic that you just can't refute."
Moxy Fruvous - Kick in the Ass