[aur-general] Merge request: projectm-jack

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 3 06:02:35 EST 2013

On 3 November 2013 16:18, Allen Li <cyberdupo56 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 03:21:54PM +0800, Rashif Ray Rahman wrote:
>> On 3 November 2013 12:02, Allen Li <cyberdupo56 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It is possible to merge projectm-jack in the AUR with the one in
>> > community?  I am the maintainer for the package in the AUR, and there's
>> > no need for it anymore since it is in community.
>> >
>> > Allen
>>
>> File a feature request at our bugtracker.
>
> Sorry, for some reason this seemed ambiguous to me.  Do you mean file a
> request for the merge, or file a request for the feature to be able to
> merge AUR packages into repo packages?  I thought the former, but I'm
> not sure now...

My bad, I assumed only projectm was in the repos, and the -jack
version was not. In this case, the AUR package should've been deleted
by the TU who promoted it to [community].

If there are outstanding changes not incorporated in the package, get
in touch with the TU or file a feature request to propose those
changes (think of it as a merge). Otherwise, if there is no
difference, you can ask for it to be deleted.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1