[aur-general] weidu-bin adoption request

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sat Nov 30 10:39:57 EST 2013

Hi!

On Saturday 30 November 2013 15:12:49 Fabio Ticconi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies in advance if I'm skipping some steps in this process, or if
> this is not the correct place to make this request. Hopefully that is
> not the case.
>
> Anyway, I would like to adopt this package:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/weidu-bin/
>
> I created a new PKGBUILD, checked with namcap, then generated and
> installed the package (I'm using it successfully). I attach it for
> review. FYI, I had to had the !strip option as without it the
> executables become unusable.
>
> Weidu is going to probably see a few more releases, thanks to the EE
> versions of BG1 and BG2. I use it, so I can keep it updated.
>
> Let me know if I missed something.
>
> Thanks,
> Fabio
>
> ps: the downloaded zip contains a COPYING file, that is a GPL2
> license. Therefore I used GPL2 in the license array instead of
> installing that file. Is this correct?

Did you contact with its current maintainer via e-mail? Usually you must
contact him first and wait for a reply 2 weeks [1]. Then if he doesn't reply
you may send a new email with disown request to the mailing list.

And you don't need copy the license file from the source package for GPLv2
[2]. Also, please, use double quotes for $pkgdir and $srcdir variables.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Other_requests
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Licenses
--
С уважением, Е.Алексеев.