[aur-general] Support for source mirror lists in PKGBUILD

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Thu Oct 31 18:30:46 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> On 31.10.2013 22:12, Ido Rosen wrote:
> > Okay, that leaves either Jerome's suggestion (if duplicate filenames are
> > detected, treat them as mirrors and don't fail/abort as long as one of
> them
> > works);
>
> I'd go with that. Doesn't add any new syntax and can be created easily
> enough like this:
>
> source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz"::{"http://foo.com/blub/","
> http://somewhere.com/"}"$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz")
>
> Should be as simple as looping of the sources array after a fail and
> checking if there is another matching "filename::" element.
>
> Care to submit a patch to pacman-dev?

It looks like a major structural change, since the exit 1 is deep inside
each download_{file,git,bzr,...} function definition in makepkg.sh.in in
the pacman git repo: For example the one for download_file() in
makepkg.sh.in line 379 would probably move up to the download_sources()
function, and return 1 instead of exit 1, then the return code would be
checked, etc...

If my first pacman patch is going to be this big of a change to
makepkg.sh.in I'd feel a lot more comfortable if an existing pacman/makepkg
dev were available off-list via email or IM for some brain-picking.  Any
volunteers?

Ido