[aur-general] Is it OK to package oneliners?

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:46:16 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Karol Blazewicz wrote:
>
>>Are we OK with packages like https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/last-git/ ?
>>Unless I'm missing something it's just
>>https://raw.github.com/vanceza/last/master/last
>>
>>BTW, I don't understand what does it do & /usr/bin/last-line doesn't
>>seem to work.
>>$ echo 1 2 3
>>1 2 3
>>$ history 2 | head -n1 | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f"4-"
>>1 2 3
>>$ cat foo
>>cat: foo: Is a directory
>>$ history 2 | head -n1 | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f"4-"
>>foo
>
> Deleted with the following message:
>
>>A single-line shell command is not worth its own package, let alone a project on git hub. Such commands are better off as aliases.
>
> Seeing that was definitely a skypalming wtf moment.
>
> Regards,
> Xyne

Please remove some other oneliners by that user:
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/owns-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wordcount-git/notify/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/asciicam-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/current-network-git/

He has a few other packages that are "fewliners" e.g.
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dzen-clock-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/changed-files-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/export-chrome-bookmarks-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/random-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/noise-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/webcam-picture-git/
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/retry-git/

IMHO at least some of them should be removed too.