[aur-general] Is it OK to package oneliners?

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Sep 1 19:27:51 EDT 2013

Karol Blazewicz wrote:

>We already have a collection of scripts, oneliners etc.
>https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=56646

I consider that thread far too long and cluttered to be of any real use. What
someone really needs to code is a script repository where users can upload
(signed) scripts with some simple metadata (description, dependencies, etc),
and then create a tool for browsing them and downloading them to a bin
directory. Basically, a Pacman-light for scripts.

Throw in a rating system and you have a nice little site that would be very
useful. That probably exists already (I think someone created something called
the Arch Linux script wiki or something similar at some point, but that is a
bit different from what I have in mind).

Feel free to posts links if anyone knows of such a site. Otherwise, if someone
wants to code this, let me know. I may be able to help.

Regards,
Xyne