[aur-general] vim-youcompleteme-git does not build when android-studio is installed

Alexandre Ferrando alferpal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:21:16 EDT 2013

First of all, excuse me if this is not the appropriate place for this
issue, didn't know where it could fit better.

Now, the issue.

As said in the title, vim-youcompleteme-git [ 0 ] does not build when
android-studio [ 1 ]  is installed throwing this error:

Linking CXX shared library
/dev/shm/vim-youcompleteme-git/src/YouCompleteMe/python/ycm_core.so
/opt/android-sdk/build-tools/18.0.1/libclang.so: could not read symbols:
File in wrong format
make[3]: ***
[/dev/shm/vim-youcompleteme-git/src/YouCompleteMe/python/ycm_core.so] Error
1
make[2]: *** [ycm/CMakeFiles/ycm_core.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [ycm/CMakeFiles/ycm_core.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [ycm_core] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

This happens because android-studio adds /opt/android-sdk to the PATH.

Building in a clean chroot or without /opt/android-sdk added to the PATH or
android-studio uninstalled is ok.

This, however, does not seem the ideal situation.

I don't know if other packages are affected by this as well because I can't
think of another package that links against libclang.so at the moment, but,
in this case, what could be done to solve it rather than using workarounds
as mentioned?

Thank you in advance

[ 0 ] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vim-youcompleteme-git/
[ 1 ] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/android-studio/