[aur-general] vim-youcompleteme-git does not build when android-studio is installed

Ivan Shapovalov intelfx100 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 10:14:53 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 at 07:47:29, Philip wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> Wouldn't it be possible in the PKGBUILD to use sed to remove
> /opt/android-sdk from the $PATH and export the PATH again?
>
> Regards,
> Philip
>
> On 09/04/2013 04:21 AM, Alexandre Ferrando wrote:
> > First of all, excuse me if this is not the appropriate place for
> > this issue, didn't know where it could fit better.
> >
> > Now, the issue.
> >
> > As said in the title, vim-youcompleteme-git [ 0 ] does not build
> > when android-studio [ 1 ]  is installed throwing this error:
> >
> > Linking CXX shared library
> > /dev/shm/vim-youcompleteme-git/src/YouCompleteMe/python/ycm_core.so
> >

> /opt/android-sdk/build-tools/18.0.1/libclang.so: could not read symbols:
> > File in wrong format collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[3]: ***
> > [/dev/shm/vim-youcompleteme-git/src/YouCompleteMe/python/ycm_core.so]
> > Error 1 make[2]: *** [ycm/CMakeFiles/ycm_core.dir/all] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [ycm/CMakeFiles/ycm_core.dir/rule] Error 2 make: ***
> > [ycm_core] Error 2 ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
> > Aborting...
> >
> > This happens because android-studio adds /opt/android-sdk to the
> > PATH.
> >
> > Building in a clean chroot or without /opt/android-sdk added to the
> > PATH or android-studio uninstalled is ok.
> >
> > This, however, does not seem the ideal situation.
> >
> > I don't know if other packages are affected by this as well because
> > I can't think of another package that links against libclang.so at
> > the moment, but, in this case, what could be done to solve it
> > rather than using workarounds as mentioned?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> > [ 0 ] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vim-youcompleteme-git/ [ 1
> > ] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/android-studio/

I'd suggest just resetting the PATH to
"/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin", which seems to be the sane default
on all uptodate Arch installations.

However, I can see that Android SDK/NDK add their entries to the end of PATH,
and AFAIK entries are sorted by priority, so something should be wrong...

--
// intelfx