[aur-general] Removal of OSS

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 23:19:10 EDT 2013

tldr; Will move OSSv4 to the AUR in one week if no one can fix it or
wants to maintain it.

I had started maintaining OSS because I had one computer that
absolutely required it.  That computer has since completely broken.
Also since then, our OSS package started to bit-rot around the 3.10
kernel release.

The 3.10 patches floating around don't seem to help.  The pre-compiled
oss-nonfree package in the AUR does work.  I'm guessing there is some
compile flag that I am missing.  It seems odd that a generic binary
works for us when the package produced by our toolchain does not.

I am at a loss as to how to make OSS work.  I'd like to see it stay in
the repositories because options and choices are good.  But only if
they actually function.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com