[aur-general] Merge request: mpv-player-git -> mpv-git

Rob Til Freedmen rob.til.freedman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 11:38:18 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mpv-player-git/
> into: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mpv-git/
>
> They build the same project, except the former does it an insane way.
>
> J. Leclanche

What you call 'insane' is recommended by the developers - just take your
time and read
git://github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build.git

On the other hand - I call it insane (irritating, useless & utterly
nonsense) to use
configure options intended to be used for OSX or WIndows systems in a Arch
PKGBUILD,
eg. --disable-direct3d --disable-corevideo --disable-cocoa
--disable-coreaudio
as if they were valid but unwanted options in the build.

I wonder why you didn't add '--disable-dsound' in your build.