[aur-general] Re-iterating the problem of AUR xorriso and Archlinux libisoburn

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 08:03:29 EDT 2013

Hi,

Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Why don't we simply drop xorriso and xorriso-tcltk from the AUR

I suspect that the AUR package was requested by some user
of GRUB. If "xorriso" gets removed, then it might be
requested again, and some friendly unaware person might
re-introduce it.

> and add Tcl/Tk/BWidget optdepends to libisoburn ?
> Maybe also add both xorriso and xorriso-tcltk as provides.

Maybe the words "optdepends" and "provides" invalidate my
qualms. Dunno ...
You are the experts. Tell me if you expect me to do something
particular.

Background:

xorriso-tcltk is a wish script. It installs fine without
wish, and bash tells properly what's missing when started:
  -bash: /usr/bin/xorriso-tcltk: wish: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

The dependency on Bwidget is optional and self-adjusting.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas